Contoura® Vision: The standard in LASIK outcomes
The skills and care of your LASIK surgeon are critical to your outcome, but the technology used is equally essential. That’s why Coastal Vision is proud to offer Alcon’s WaveLight® Refractive Suite, the fastest refractive surgery platform available in the U.S.:
- The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser is the only excimer laser to operate at 500 Hz, with an average treatment time of approximately 1.4 seconds per diopter
- The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser is the fastest femtosecond laser available in the U.S., with a standard flap creation time of approximately 6 seconds
- The swivel bed is designed to optimize time between the flap creation and laser procedures.
Now Alcon has made the WaveLight® Refractive Suite even better, adding the first FDA-approved personalized topography-guided LASIK solution with Contoura® Vision. Contoura® Vision sets the next standard in LASIK outcomes. The patient’s eye is imaged and analyzed using 22,000 unique elevation points on the cornea. This data is sent to the surgical planning computer to create an individualized ablation profile. The WaveLight® Laser automatically adjusts laser pulse placement to match the topography-guided treatment.
- More than 98% of patients would choose it again
- It even outperformed glasses and contacts (baseline BSCVA) in over 30% of eyes
- It redefined visual acuity outcomes
- It delivered a high level of personalization
- Nearly 65% of eyes treated with personalized topography-guided LASIK experienced 20/16 vision or better in a clinical study
When compared to baseline, Contoura® Vision improved symptoms typically associated with LASIK:
- Light sensitivity 5.2% decrease
- Difficulty driving at night 8.0% decrease
- Reading difficulty 8.7% decrease
- Complaints of glare 4.8% reduction
- Halos 3.2% reduction
- Starbursts 2.8% reduction
For additional information, please call to schedule your complimentary LASIK consultation with one of our experienced LASIK counselors.