The Visian ICL Advantages
- High Definition VisianTM: For years, the only method of permanent vision correction that didn’t involve glasses or contact lenses was corrective laser eye surgery. With the advent of the Visian ICL, however, that’s all changed. Now, you can enjoy “High Definition Visian™” – a new level of vision correction that’s sharper, clearer, more vivid, and has greater depth and dimension – in a simple, 15-minuteoutpatient procedure.
- The “Wow” Factor: After the simple 15-minute outpatient procedure, patients experience an immediate improvement in vision quality and are “Wowed” by the results. Often the quality of vision achieved is many times better than any vision correction solution.
- Designed to be Permanent, Yet is Removable: One of the important advantages of the Visian ICL is that while it can permanently correct your vision, the lens can be simply removed and/or replaced if necessary. Also, concerns involving the cornea typically do not apply to the Visian ICL, as no natural corneal tissue is permanently removed or reshaped in any way during implantation.
- Invisible and Undetectable: Because the Visian ICL is positioned between the iris and natural lens, the lens is invisible to both the patient and any observer. Also, it’s positioning in the eye maintains normal iris function and promotes stability.
- Does Not Cause Dry Eye: Visian ICL does not cause or contribute to dry eyes. If you have dry eyes, ask your doctor if the Visian ICL may be the best vision correction option for you.
- Short Recovery Time: The recovery for the Visian ICL is quick and pain-free, and may be as little as one day, due to the very small size of the opening required. Patients typically experience minimal discomfort, and many times go back to work the next day.
- UV Protection: Long-term exposure to UV radiation can damage your eyes; and longer term or more intense exposure increases the chance of eye disorders including the development of cataracts and some retinal problems. As an added feature, the Visian ICL advanced lens material contains a UV blocker that actually prevents harmful UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye, possibly preventing the development of UV related eye disorders.
- Treatment Flexibility for the Future: Your vision changes as you grow older and eventually almost everyone will need cataract surgery. An important benefit with the Visian ICL is that you have options for future treatments. Because Visian ICL maintains the structure of the eye, the lens can be removed and replaced if your vision changes substantially, or if you have another procedure at any time.
- Excellent Safety Profile: The Visian ICL has an excellent safety profile compared to other procedures. Studies have shown that the Visian ICL provides one of the best postoperative results of all refractive procedures available with a patient satisfaction rate of over 99%. Since 1997, more than a quarter of a million Visian ICL procedures have been performed worldwide.
If you are not able to view the video below, click here to install Adobe Flash Player.