If you are not able to view the video below, click here to install Adobe Flash Player.
In clinical studies, Custom All Laser LASIK has been able to provide patients with the following benefits:
- A greater chance of having 20/20 vision.
- A potential for better vision than possible with contacts or glasses.
- A much less incidence of having glare and halos.
- A Potentially better overall vision, even at night.
- A reduced incidence of dry eye symptoms may be found with Bladeless LASIK.
- With Bladeless LASIK and its customization components, surgeons can treat a wider variety of patients, including patients with thin corneas.
Better Quality Vision
Higher Order Aberrations
Several types of visual imperfections, referred to as lower and higher order aberrations, exist within the eye. Lower order aberrations are better known as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, while higher order aberrations have been linked to glare and halos. Both types of aberration may significantly impact a person's vision.
In the past, technology limited treatment to the lower order aberrations. Therefore, we were unable to adequately treat our patients with glasses, contacts or conventional LASIK treatments.
Now with Custom All Laser LASIK our renown surgeons may customize your LASIK treatment to remove these higher-order aberrations. Our surgeons at Coastal Vision Medical Group will recommend the best procedure for you based on your personal lower and higher order aberrations. In some cases, our highly skilled LASIK surgeons may recommend Wavefront-guided LASIK.