Bladeless LASIK/All-Laser LASIK
The cornea is the transparent dome-like structure that covers the iris and pupil of your eye. In LASIK eye surgery procedures, a flap of corneal tissue must be created. By creating a flap in the cornea, our experienced surgeons are able to perform advanced laser vision correction treatment on the inner layer of the cornea. The corneal flap is then replaced, which allows for a rapid visual recovery.
With Bladeless LASIK, Coastal Vision Medical Group's surgeons use a laser to create the corneal flap. This technology gives the ability to customize the corneal flap for every individual patient.
Recent studies have shown that this technology may now make it possible to treat those who were previously dismissed as poor LASIK candidates due to thin corneas. At Coastal Vision Medical Group, we use the world's most advanced laser technology for Bladeless LASIK.
The All Laser LASIK Procedure:
- Anesthetic drops are applied to the eye.
- A protective flap is created using the laser and gently lifted by the surgeon, revealing the inner corneal tissue.
- Computer-controlled pulses of cool laser light are applied to the inner layers of your cornea. As the laser pulses, it makes a ticking sound. The inner corneal layer is reshaped with the laser to mimic your contact lens or glasses prescription.
- The surgeon gently replaces the flap and aligns it to its original position. It heals naturally and securely.
- Some patients may feel slight irritation for a few hours, but most are quite comfortable after a nap and rest.
Our surgeons at Coastal Vision Medical Group are considered by many to be the premier Cataract and Refractive Surgery experts in the Southern California. They can carefully help you choose the most appropriate surgery.
Call 714-771-1213 for a free LASIK consultation or click here to schedule online. Convenient monthly payment plans are available.